Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Tour of the New Horizon

The R/V New Horizon has a variety of interior spaces, from the lower deck where the engine room and many of the berthing cabins (aka state rooms) are found, to the main deck with its labs, lounge, mess, and galley, to the 01 deck and its cabins, and finally the wheelhouse and chart room on the 02 deck. Below is a video of the mess, galley, lounge, and main lab, followed by a few photographs to give you a virtual tour of the interior of the vessel:

 

Third Mate Jack Purdy on the bridge. Captain's chair is in the foreground.
The chart room, aft of the bridge.
The steep stairs down to the 01 deck and then to the main deck.
The 01 deck lab where Meghan and John the res techs set up shop. On the left is a -80C freezer for preserving things that need to be very cold...
Dave Weaver the bo's'n in his locker, all the way forward.
The laundry machines, aft of the bo's'n's locker and forward of the mess. Only use the 'express' cycle to save on water!
Chief scientist's state room.
Regular scientists' state room.
 Video: Robert Levine

2 comments:

  1. We offer personal loans up to $ 100,000, are you looking for a business loan and have been denied by a bank, we can help with loans of $ 5,000 to a maximum of $ 100,000.loans that can help you start your dream business,Rebuild and get your business back on track and can also bring you on a path to a better financial future.On time, you can apply in just a few minutes and get your money the same day.
    Do not delay! E-mail via {smallscaleloans@gmail.com}
    Thank you for contacting us,
    Best regards
    Mr.George
    smallscaleloans@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete