Sunday, August 12, 2012

Building a floating lab

Today's post features a photo slideshow of our last few days loading our gear on the ship and setting off for our first station!  Get to know a few of our intrepid investigators as we prepare for 3 weeks of science in tight quarters where the floor seems to always be swaying out from under your feet... 



Kevin Manganini expertly operates the forklift to retrieve our heavy gear from the container van



The video plankton recorder takes flight while being transferred to the ship



Aleck Wang sets up sensors which will measure dissolved CO2 and other parameters continuously throughout the cruise



Sophie Chu prepares standards for alkalinity measurements



Some charistmatic megafauna (a.k.a. sea lions) bid us adieu...


Come back tomorrow to hear about our first [test] science station, where we will make a final check that everything is in good shape and get our hands wet for the first time!

Britta Voss

4 comments:

  1. If you want to get online error free 8th and 5th class result according to name then you have to need click on second link and if you want to get result according to your school name then yes you can click on third red color link. after click you can get one new page that is required roll number or name or school name then put required information and get online 5th can 8th class result.

    pec 5th class result 2018 online
    5th class result of 2018
    8th class result of 2018

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello i want to share my amazing experience with the greatest spell caster Dr omohan my husband was cheating on me and when i found out we had a fight which lead to him filling for a divorce i cried and fell sick when i was searching about love quotes online i saw people talking about him and his great work whose case was similar to mine they left his contact info i contacted him and he told me not to worry that after 24hrs he will cancel the divorce and be back to me after i did everything he asked me to do to my greatest surprise the next day evening it was my husband he knelt down begging me to accept him back,thank you once again Dr omohan you are indeed a blessing to me he can also help you contact email: dromohanspell@gmail.com WhatsApp +2348164816038   

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year 2020 has already been a great blessing to me through the sincere help I got from Dr Agbomian who help me cure my HIV Virus and also make me believe that with God all things are possible. I lost hope after all the hope I got from various Herbalists who claim to help me but they end up showing their self wrong. I will advise you to work with Dr Agbomian to sort out your health issues. He also cures Herpes, Cancer, Diabetes, HBP, Fibroids, infertility, BV, STD and lot more. Contact +2347040843115 or email (dragbomianherbalcured77@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. powerful herbal healer called Dr. voodoo who use his natural herbs to cure
    my HIV disease I suffered from 5years, but now I am a happy woman and i am
    free from this disease that has been problem to my living, after using Dr.
    voodoo herbal medicine within 1week i was diagnose negative, I will
    recommend Dr. voodoo to everyone reading this article because this herbal
    healer is capable to heal anything below.

    1. Diabetes
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. Lymphoma disease
    5. Conceived a child
    6. Fibroid

    Email Dr voodoo at: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com add Dr. voodoo on
    whatsApp: +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete